Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Troubling past...I wish


I'm a little bit ticked right now. Not ticked that the world and Goverment are going straight down the pooper, or that its bitter cold in Cache Valley and its only November, or that my lil baby girl is sick AGAIN, or that I happen to pick up the family plague, or that there is never enough time during the day to get things done.

Nope I'm ticked that I am so weak! WEAK I SAY!!!

I've been doing P90X for almost ninety days now and its been AWESOME! The program is sweet and it totally kicks my booty, I love it. The best part is I am really seeing results ie I have biceps and triceps, who knew. Who also knew that your shoulder is more then one muscle and has strips of glory? Its all true, fun to see, and I love that I am getting stronger to boot. I can do 20+ manly push-ups (3 whole body shaking ones when I started) and 4 pull ups (I could barely hang on to the bar). For the first time in my life I can actually see muscles in my stomach instead of the uni pack and roll (One big square with a roll at the end, my perfect little tire) I've had my whole life, we call it the Dunkley ponch (guess my sisters deal with the same dilema).

Just when I think it might be possible to actually have the stomach of my dreams I crumble. I am weak. I have a killer sweet tooth and it burdens me so! Halloween comes around and I think I can resist the ever so delicious candy corn, I fail! Not just a little fail, I'm pretty sure I ate at least 3 bags...how nasty is that. Then the left over loot, you don't even want to know how many tootsie rolls I ate and I don't even like them. And of course the trick or treating candy which the little man still asks where his big loot ended up. Oh sorry pal, its around my waist and in my cheeks. I feel quite glutinous pointing all this out, yuck!

I was hoping as I travel through these glutinous weeks of candy, cookie dough, brownies etc I could try to blame a troubling past or a deep repressed memory/void I am trying to fill. What makes me eat the third bag of candy corn, or 1/2 the batch of cookie dough, or devour my little mans candy stash?

Truth is I got nothing! My childhood was awesome and I was super lucky my parents didn't try to sell me on the black market. I have an amazing husband and 2 amazing kids. What more could I ask for?

Plain and simple I'm weak and I love love love sweets! Anyone else as weak as I am? Does anyone have a cure because I'm pretty sure it could make it on my "its a disorder" list? Spread the love, please!

If anyone out there could tell me some nasty stories on how rats bathe in the sugar that makes the candy, or how there are tiny hairs (curly, black, long, you name it) secretly baked in every sweet thing I love that would be great! Those kind of stories could really cure this girl of her sweet tooth!

2 comments:

  1. you crack me up. I admire your determination to work out in the first place but I'm equally as bad in the eating sweets department. Not a surprise since I'm pretty soft all over :) Shawn has learned to not wonder at all where the whole batch of cookies I made the night before when he comes home for work. I could try to blame it on a child but honestly that didn't work too well when we had no children or only an infant so my secret got out. I eat way too much sweets. I had to avoid buying more then one bag of candy corns this year because I was eating the whole bag. If you find a way to cure your sweet tooth feel free to share. I'm sure my tummy will appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts aren't showing up on my blogroll. I have it set so that you go to the top when updated, and you haven't moved for a week. Am I, as my dad lovingly puts it, an R?

    ReplyDelete