Monday, November 16, 2009

Crafter/thrifter wannabe

My friend Hayley introduced me to the life of crafting/thrifting (she was the quiet book wonder women). I know its nothing new but you know me I am the behind the times kinda gal. She sent me links to all these amazing blogs where all these amazing women craft it up and come up with the most amazing ideas. Did I already say its amazing? There are three blogs I now obsess over (thanks Hayley) and they really are so amazing and crafty/thrifty. I find myself in awe and amazement (boy I sure do love the word amazing...I think I get an award for most use of the word amazing in one paragraph he he!)

My out loud comments consist of....Really, that is an old sweater? No way that is an old entertainment center? Come on ladies is that really a $4 dollar find...it looks so dang cute? What? How on earth do you come up with those ideas? I want that! I can do that!! (me totally dreaming).

I figured I could try my hand at it. I went to wally world (sorry I know it wasn't a thrift store but I was planning on putting it in my hair...eek) and bought three head bands for two bucks. I had a bunch of material left over from doing the quiet book so I decided why not make myself one of those cute headbands that are so hot right now.



Wrapped the headband (nurses must love me...geew)

Made this simple flower
Glued on the flower and then made a matching one for my little princess.

Man friend think its "Um OKEEEE" (dude translation...ugly). Is it totally ugly? Am I too seasoned to be wearing one? I thought it turned out pretty dang cute, not bad considering it only cost me 65cents.

My next crafty project is this just on a smaller scale. Then I want to try my hand at this with one of my man friends old shirts. Of course the big doosie is going to be this kick booty item that I will be starting shortly. YEAH for creative mom's and for me copying them...keep it up ladies.

2 comments:

  1. cute headband! I'm working on the play kitchen as well and need to find a minute to finish painting it. I like the man shirt idea too. I tried to do that years ago in high school with one of my dad's shirt but taking a size 44 shirt and making it into a 4 isn't the best idea :) Keep up the cute blogging. (Thanks to Jenny I tracked it down :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest kitchen I have ever seen. I hate CV and it's lack of flea markets. I guess we have a lot of garage sales, so there's that, you just have to beat all the latino families.

    Did I really just type that? Oh well, it's true.

    ReplyDelete