Friday, November 13, 2009

Thunder baby!


I am a runner through and through. I love to run. I love the runners high. I love hitting the streets/mountain trails just me and the pavement/dirt. I hope I never have to give it up and I don't think any other activity could replace just how awesome it feels after a good long run.

With that said I've been spinning a lot lately. I take this spin class in the most ghetto gym in Cache valley (hey its cheap people and I don't go to check out the quality of the place). I needed something besides just running because switch up is healthy and much easier on my body. When I first started going the class was quiet and everyone talked about when they would be hitting the streets together (Who knew there is a whole network of bikers here in Logan). I wanted and needed some umph!! I started hootin and screaming and telling the ladies to pick it up and that we could do it, mostly to keep me going but the ladies started to enjoy it. Now I'm the designated cheerleader to keep the ladies going. Sometimes I wish I wasn't because sometimes I have no desire to be there.

Back to the point...I really enjoy it and it kicks my booty but I have a very valid and real fear! THUNDER THIGHS! I am so afraid that if I keep spinning as much as I am my legs are going to look like this chicks (never from the waist up since I've had two babies and my girls look more like rocks in socks)! Geewww! Can anyone offer any comfort? Do I need to find a new alternative? Nobody likes the thunder thighs! If I become a spinner am I destine to have thunder thighs?

P.S. The instructor seriously said the "P" word today...the whole thing...shouldn't that word be off limits? I can't stand that word! Anyone feel the same or am I over reacting?

2 comments:

  1. P as in pussy cat? That one's my favorite, so I'd say it's just you.

    Try yoga, or better yet, come over and we can do some ballet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny you can't be for real! Us doing ballet that would be a hoot! Guess I need it since my last audition she said I didn't look like a dancer...brutal considering I danced for a long time. I guess I am old, fat, and ungraceful...what day are you free for some ballet goodnes?

    ReplyDelete