Friday, November 6, 2009

The Help

I ordered "The Help" off Amazon awhile back and it finally came today. I've turned into a "bloomed a little late love to read" gal. I never loved to read until I discovered some awesome books, they drew out emotion in me that I never knew words in a book could do. Some of my favorites are Kite Runner, Thousand Splendid suns, Jane Eyre,and Pillars of the Earth. Random selection I know but they really are great books. Each of them roped me in to the point of I'd rather read then eat, sleep, and shower.

I've heard through the grapevine (and my lovely sister) The Help is a great book. Apparently she was turned down 5 plus times and is now rocking it at the top of the bestsellers list, I love it! Its stories like this that give me hope great things can happen to little people even after no one else believed in them but they kept believing in themselves.

I am pretty excited to start reading it. I've always wanted to do a book club but can't seem to get anyone to join the club (small detail). Both of my sisters do one and they really love it. Guess you have to have friends to do that and I unfortunately am in short supply of those.

Looks like dunkindo will be my book club haven. Stay tune for how the book is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment