Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Its the PITS!!

(This was a post I wanted to put on our blog but man friend thought it was too much info...not too much info just for me :)

I'm normally a pretty closed person-- even to some of my closest friends (I think I have a few...anyone?). Honestly, I think it's because I've always worried that if people find out some of the things that make me "Me", they might not like me anymore. I get that it's not right, but it's human nature for people to judge. This isn't a post about not judging, I just wanted to make the point that the story I'm about to tell is totally out of my comfort zone and I'm hoping some of you Mamas will step in and help a Sista out by sharing your own Mama moments.

Being a mom is a tough job, Oprah even says so. No, but really it is and I love it! All of you ladies know that being a mom means you might not always get the time to finish that book, finish the laundry, make that gourmet meal, dust, change the sheets, do the dishes etc. You're considered lucky to even get a shower.

Oh the shower, don't you just LOVE the shower. I really think there are few things in life as awesome as a long, hot shower. For me, it just washes away all your worries and for a moment you're alone relaxing and everything outside the shower doesn't matter. Everything that stunk before is fresh and clean. I would get the best ideas in the shower and sing my lungs out.

Then I had kids.

With kids your shower moments are more like...."Sweet I think I have two minutes I do a quick three point wash and call it good". The hair will just have to make it another day and I'm pretty sure pants are a go to hide my extremely long leg hairs. I won't be doing the wave in a tank top today or --heaven forbid-- putting on a swimsuit, so the three point system will work. No, relaxing in the shower is a thing of the past for me. Now every noise I hear is probably something bad (Little Dude just ran out of the house and is playing in the street, Little Sis learned how to crawl and is falling out of her crib, some bad man waited until I stepped in the shower and now he's in my house, you name it...I think it!) My two minute shower turns to one and I'm out, ready for action!

The other day, it was one of those days. I really wanted to get in the shower, but there was just too much to be done. Laundry, cleaning, feeding-- does it ever end? Then my lovely wonderful friend texted me and asked if Little Dude could come over for an hour or so. What!? She didn't even have to ask...of course! It just happened to be time for Little Sis to take a nap. Could it be true, would I actually get a shower today? I thanked her profusely and then asked her for a beard trimmer so I could take a first pass at my sweet hippie legs. I sent Little Dude on his way, put Little Sis down, ignored the tornado house and stepped into... HEAVEN!!!

Then, horror. Taking multiple minutes on the three point system, I happen to notice something that took my breath away. Was that the longest pit hair I've ever seen? No, it's a hair from my head that snuck down...right?

But it wouldn't wash off.

Okay, so it was a super-sticky hair from my head. I'm pretty sure Little Dude had honey in his oatmeal and I must have got some in my hair. Gross! I couldn't believe it! No way that is a pit hair. I'll admit I don't shave my pits everyday... but at least every other day!

I jumped out of the shower-- I had to see this in the mirror. HOLY POOP it was a pit hair! It was long, people....super long. I'm pretty sure I would've given Woodstock ladies a run for their money. I had to pluck it out with the tweezers...my goodness how embarrassing! Then and there I made a pact in my mind: From here on out I would be taking that extra min to make sure I got all of the hairs clipped and trimmed in my pits so there will be no more Woodstock action happening.

OK. Help a Sista out! Anyone else have a Mama moment? Or just a moment you want to share so I don't feel so naked?

2 comments:

  1. Not TMI. Just funny. Tell MF to lighten up. But I am glad you up and got your own blog. This is how I do friends because I am too lame to leave my own house.

    PS I am referring to him as MF forever now because I think that is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness! My first official comment...thanks Jenny you're the best! I'll take friendship through comments :) but I will need to hang out with you as well. Sorry I insist! See you tomorrow night lady.

    MF is funny and its all yours.

    ReplyDelete