Monday, January 25, 2010

What I learned....

I thought about doing a dead elephant but that is so sad...so here's a happy one instead
I learned a lot in one day.....

1. Never post or make any big decisions when you are feeling like a "guilty Gale" or a "Debbie downer".
2. Friends are so much cooler starts at an early age...way TOO early!
3. Life without texting/cell phones seems almost impossible
4. There isn't A LOT of options when playing with an 8 month old. (although this has to be the best age ever...I love every minute of it!)
5. Always try it out before committing to the plan.
6. Never go too extreme (no cooking, cleaning..eek)
7. I clearly have a more severe case of ADD then I thought
8. I still sound like a dead Elephant when attempting to make sound effects. (I rule at setting up a Star wars love scene though :))
9. A house really can get THAT dirty, THAT fast!
10. Cherish the time my kids want/ask me to play with them.

Well ladies my freaky fun Friday didn't go as well as I had planned. When I picked up the little man I was super excited! I'd had my time on the computer...talked on the phone...spent time with lil sis (when she was awake) I was committed! We walked in the door and I announced to the little man how excited I was and that this was our special day.

"What do you want to do little man? Its our special day, we can do whatever you want!"

"I wanna play with Owen Richards" (he calls Owen Johnson this) Or what about Kimball, or Isaac&Samuel"

"Oh I was hoping to have our special day where you get to play with mama, and we can do whatever you want"

"Oh MAN....BUT MAMA....I want to play with friends" "Real friends...your just my mama!" :(

And just like that Mama was given the shaft. Luckily lil sis car seat came in a huge box which ended up saving our Freaky Fun Friday. We spray painted it silver and turned it into his own little rocket ship. We have yet to decorate it with all the nobbie goodness, that will be our next little activity together. Kids are so awesome!

So Freaky Friday needs to be revised a little. I am thinking its best to stick with one special activity a week. And trying to spend "quality" (without all the interruptions) time with them everyday. Its still a work in progress and I welcome any suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment