Friday, January 8, 2010

What DO I want to be when I grow up?


So here's the skinny! I love being a mom...LOVE IT!! I don't think there is anything more rewarding then being a mom. It is one of the hardest jobs around and I love it. Did I already mention I love being a mom...well I do...but I want to do more. I have an itch ever since I quit working full time to stay home with Joshua. No worries my itch would never include working full time and being away for set hours everyday.

I've tried to decide what my passions are? The problem is I have two things I would love to do.

Drum roll.......I would love to be a personal trainer and I would love to be a photographer.

This might sound total cheese ball and you can tell me honestly if it does but I adore people. I adore working with people, making them happy, capturing moments, possibly changing lives. I feel I've been blessed with the gift of love. I'm not awesome at allowing folks to love me but I can love them easy enough. Both of the above options give me the opportunity to work with people. The question is which one do I dive after? I am leaning more towards photography (hello hot mama shots...babies...kids...families...I love it all) but nowadays it seems like EVERYONE is doing it.

Any thoughts ladies? Anyone want to help a sista out?

4 comments:

  1. I got a bowl full of jello stuck on my midsection that votes for personal trainer. Will you p-90x my ass please? Except I don't want to run. Ever.

    Not awesome at allowing folks to love me, classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you would be awesome at either. I can TOTALLY see you as a personal trainer. I remember you giving me lots of encouragement after I had Caleb. You almost had me convinced to be a runner. You also take some great pictures. There are a lot of photographers, but I think you could still do well at it. Last year was my first year doing photography and it still went pretty well. There are a lot of photographers but there is also a lot of people who need a photographer. So I say either one and you would do awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should try both out! You should see about just teaching one class at the gym or something. People will totally sign up if they think they can be as smokin' hot as you!

    And duh, for sure do photography! You are super talented and it seems like it can be very flexible as a stay at home mama.

    And, you are an amazing mom.

    ReplyDelete