Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Coming out of the closet




Its time to come out of the closet folks...here is my secret. I love Oprah!! There I said it. I do, I love watching her, and think she does a lot of good for this country. I agree she plays the "I beat the odds" card a lot but I admire it and I admire what she has become. I don't enjoy when she has a celebrity on because let's be honest its a lot of booty kissing goodness and I don't think either of them need any more. Wait what was my point...oh right...

The other day I watched the episode when she was doing make-overs for frumpy stuck in the 80' moms, I wear sweats everyday moms, I borrow my kids clothes mom, and every mom in between. They were explaining what to wear in your 30's, 40's, and 50's-60's. Everything they said about what to wear when you are 30 I've been dreading ever since my fateful day in July. Its not to say the ladies didn't look fantastic (don't you wish sometimes you had endless funds to buy all the "right" clothes to look fantastic EVERYDAY...I know...I'm a little bit worldly). I know I need to give up the teenie bopper clothes...especially when I catch a 14 year old wearing the same clothes I am, it just makes me feel OLD. I need style people. I am so fashion gimpy its almost painful.

So on Monday I took her challenge and decided its time...time to let go of my twenties get up and start dressing "age appropriate". I ransacked my closet and let go of "most" of my teenie bopper clothes (did I really wear that unicorn shirt in public, last summer?) leaving me with a huge bag full of "what can I make with this" clothes(Little lady will love this when she's 10...right?).

Now I am supposed to ask my friends what they think my style is? So...huge fan base...could you help a sista out? Let me have it...even if it comes out as "ghetto wanna be stylish, did you seriously wear that in public? girl".

Oh and I won't be offended if anyone wants to turn me into the fashion police because I'm pretty sure I need it...BAD!
*Today is my first freaky fun Friday and I'm already wondering what I signed myself up for...eek I'm a terrible mom.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I totally think you dress age-appropriate (however, maybe that's only because you look like you're 22!). I think you always look great. Anyway, I like Oprah too, but it's been a long time since I've watched her show. I just don't watch much TV (I'm talking like an hour or less a MONTH!) I do see my fair share of video rentals, but that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm still in my twenties, anything in that pile you want to donate? Just teasing.

    As for style, I'd say, apart from when I see your crack when you bend over, you're ultra classy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny cracks me up. Keep up the style hunt because the rest of us (well at least myself) looks to you for fashion inspiration so as long as you are on the hunt to look great the rest of us will continue to try and keep up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. With your smokin' hotness I am pretty sure you can get away with dressing in the 20s range for the next thirty years!

    Seriously though I feel ya on some of this and have been wanting to go through my closet as well. We will have to do a style/wardrobe makeover together!

    ReplyDelete