Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stuff..stuff...and...more...stuff

Well I was supposed to post this on Friday but life happens so here it is on Tuesday.
Its been frost central around here lately...here a few I took the other day. Its beautiful...but...bitter!!
Frosty

Tues0001

frosty twig

What a world we live in today. I am super grateful for the world we live in. How lucky we are to have clean running water, warm houses, fresh food, clean clothes, flushing toilets, the list could go on and on. MOST of the time I am grateful for the new and improved inventions we have Internet, cell phones, email, etc. BUT......

Lately I can't help but think about all the "things" that are put into our lives to make us "busier" then we already are. It seems as if these things we put into our lives take us away from what really matters. I might be off base or maybe I'm a softy but its a feeling I've had and can't seem to kick. Its so easy to get caught up in the Internet blogging, searching, reading, or emailing. Or perhaps its talking on the phone, (or in my case texting like a 14 year old teenager) laundry, cleaning, meals, and crafting/thrifting. There is always something that NEEDS to be done....right?

Maybe I'm just a guilt ridden mom but I feel I am missing the best time of my kids life and filling it with the "busy" stuff instead. No worries I haven't decided to give up all my modern goodness and go live an Amish life (to which I commend those wonderful people for what they do). I've decided I want to create freaky fun Friday instead!! YAY! So my Fridays will now be just for my chillins. When my little man gets home from school its all him and whatever he wants to do/play. When my little lady is awake its all her. I won't be on the computer* or phone(not even text...eek). I won't be cleaning,(woot woot for me) organizing, cooking, or crafting.

I know this will be hard but I have no doubt it will be totally worth it and will probably end up being my most favorite day!!

*My computer rule will only be broken when my lovely MF is on the radio from 5-6.

1 comment:

  1. Here here! This is such a great idea! I think if you can get into the habit of doing this now, as your family grows and life gets busier you will be sure to still do it. I agree with you that this will probably become your very most favorite day and also your kids' favorite day as well!
    I do think the busy stuff is good for our kids as well though. They need to see a good example of hard work, service, homemaking, and even seeing their mom doing something SHE enjoys. A day just for them is the perfect solution to keeping balance between all of the important necessities in our lives. Way to go lady! I hope you will post about how it goes.

    ReplyDelete