Thursday, January 14, 2010

Its time

Frosty tree
Bitter cold w/the warmth of the sun rising

Yesterday I was bummin myself out over everything. You name it I found a way to bum it. This morning I woke up feeling like I might do it all over again...YUCK!! So I decided its time...time to whip out the New Years "I will do it" list. Ever year I write up a big long extensive "I'm clearly going to fail" list only to be disappointed that yet again I didn't accomplish anything on the list. I'm doing it different this time...short...sweet...not "too hard"....I will accomplish it all list.

Here it is folks for your viewing pleasure!

1. Physically exert myself at least 6 days a week (notice I didn't say exercise...running up and down the stairs could be a physical exertion and I'm pretty sure its proven that folding laundry builds some serious muscle mass)
2. De-Junk one item a week(7 days to clean out one drawer..heaven! easy peasie lemon squeezie..as my little man would say)
3. Rise early, lay down early (like the wiggle room I'm creating?)
4. Family meals morning and night w/scrips (this one can be tough at times but I love the way it feels to start together and end together)
5. Take a picture everyday (my kids are beyond sick of the camera so if anyone wants me to come over and snap a shot or two my kids will thank you)
6. Read more, watch less (life without Oprah.Grey's. Law &order. what a sad lot that would be)
7. Freaky fun Friday's (I will explain this on Friday's post :))
8. Expand/fine tune my crafting abilities...be more thrifty and creative (finishing them will be the brutal part)
9. Save more. shop less (with my Gap kids cart filled up...ha)
10. Do more. Dream less (start living my dreams)
11. Less refined sugar(as I eat an Oreo...eek)

As you can see this year I'm going to cut myself some slack and have more realistic goals. I highly suggest this, that way you aren't kickin yourself by March 1st because you still haven't started or already failed multiple things. Happy late New year...now I need to get my booty off this chair and get crackin on my easy peasy lemon squeezie list :).

What's on your list? Anything fun you want to share?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I would not call 11 goals easy peasy! My single goal is to shop less. As in, buy less. I still plan to waste oodles of time "windows" shopping (that's me-speak for online shopping - my favorite pastime). Mark really wants to lose weight this year, but that's the most over-used New Year's resolution EVER! So his resolution is to eat at least one green vegetable every day. He's not missed a day yet (although a few days his greens consisted of only parsley or lettuce).
    Good luck with your lofty goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, awesome goals! I really loved reading this post. You are such an inspiring woman and I feel really lucky to have you as my friend. It seems like we are often on the same wave length with this kind of stuff. So maybe we should have to check up on each other with some of our goals. Either that or we can get together and eats hoards of candy in a locked room.

    ReplyDelete