Saturday, March 6, 2010

Today I asked for paper

Today at the store (okay fine 2 days ago today)I finally said paper please. Every time the sweet Macey's worker asks me if I would like paper or plastic there is always a moment of hesitation before the word plastic rolls off my tongue. I know deep down I should be asking for paper or buying those "save the planet" bags and bringing those to the store, but I'm a slave. I have become a slave of ease, convenience, and sheer laziness.

I have kids, trying to handle kids and a "paper" bag with no handles just seems crazy. I can barely remember the list let alone the 10 "save the planet" bags I'd need to carry all of the groceries. I have so many plastic bags at home but they sure are nice to pack lunches, super stinky diapers, or soiled underoos.

Today (fine Thursday) all that changed, I finally acted on that moment of hesitation all because of a picture. I love photography, always have. I love that capturing a moment tells a lifetime of stories. This man is amazing, I love his work, and today he changed a part of my life by capturing a moment in someones life.

Here is his goodness for your viewing pleasure: Will it change you?

Smokey-mountain-does-what-we-see-change-us


All of his pics:
Smokey-mountain

The kids are so happy, with so little. What an example they are to me and all of us. I can't wait until I get the chance to travel the world and tell the stories through the images I capture.

2 comments:

  1. Paper bags are actually worse for the planet. They use more trees and resources to create, so don't feel too bad for using plastic over them.

    As for the reusable, I have like ten and never remember to take them anywhere. I even have them in a basket by the door. So much for my tree hugging image. Plus I'm embarrassed to take my awesome blue wal-mart bags into maceys.

    I haven't looked at the link yet, but I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice thanks Jenny, now I'm forced to use those blasted "save the planet" bags. At least the paper ones recycle...right? How about I plan on planting a tree every year to make up for it?

    I'm doing my part...or at least I have a desire to..that counts, right?

    ReplyDelete