Friday, February 26, 2010

Sobering

I even caught one of the graves being visited,so sad



This is a long overdue post. I almost didn't post it since it was back in January on our wild and crazy trip to Cali. I just kept thinking about the images I captured and the feelings I felt as we humbly drove through and decided it was a post worth posting.

I'm sure there are plenty of these places across the country but this is the first one I've seen where the white cold stones lined hill after hill after hill. I was taken back at how many there where. I know I shouldn't be, people are dying everyday for my/our/their freedom. I know I put the blinders and earmuffs on trying to pretend war isn't happening and people aren't losing their life for little ole me but the truth is, it is!

I am so grateful for my freedom. I am so grateful for the men and women who give their lives for my freedom. I am grateful for their families that sacrifice love ones to this amazing cause. This was a sobering and truly eye opening drive for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment