Wednesday, March 24, 2010

kids are superfantastic


We all know kids are fantastic but this morning I realized kids are more then just fantastic, they are super fantastic.

The last few weeks, okay really March has been a rough month for me. I piled my plate WAY to high and then some pretty craptastic things have happened to me making it all the worse. When I woke up this morning at 7:00am I was grumpy right off the bat. I set my alarm for 5am so I could make the 5:30 session and well we know how that turned out. I was mad at myself and super sad I didn't get the chance to feel some peace in this life of turmoil(SIDE NOTE: this sounds super dramatic, its really not that bad I'm just a stress mania). Oh there's more...I had a photo class that I've been going to (putting stress on myself and my mf) that was looking more and more like I wasn't going to be able to make it (money down the drain, YUCK). I tried to be as happy as I could but I am a terrible actress..(note to self, never persue acting, although at some point I secretly wanted to be on Days of our Lives).

I rushed MF and lil man out the door and turned back into the house feeling totally depleated (its only 8:30am, yikes). Then I hear the door open and in walks my lil man with tears in his eyes. I instantly scoop him up and he tearfully explains that he didn't get to tell me he loved me and give me a hug and kiss. By this time my tears are flowing! That's what its all about, that's why kids are super fantastic. At that moment nothing else mattered. We gave tons of hugs and kisses and he was on his way again.

Thanks lil man, you have no idea how much that small moment meant to me today. I sure do love you and think you are SUPER FANTASTIC!!

4 comments:

  1. I love how kids can make you feel better. Sorry you're so stressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you're bloggin again cuz like little dude i think you're pretty fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could make it through your spinning class but you know me I've never been one to love working out. Spring break next week though so maybe since the boys aren't in school our schedules will be easier to get together? Then you can spend some time talking me into it! I want to hear how your mentoring thing went too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet. Those are definitely tender mercies when little kids let you know how much you are loved during all the turmoil life throws at you. I think you are wonderful too and love you a lot!

    ReplyDelete