Thursday, August 19, 2010

Morning snuggs

not a sleeping pic but one I love. The lil man leading the lil lady and telling her all about where he is taking her...so cute!


I absolutely don't advocate co-sleeping. I'll definitely admit when my babies were newborn babies there were many nights of me totally passed out with babies hook straight up to my once plump milk sacks. I know it wasn't the smartest or brightest idea but man, I was bushed.

My man friend and I decided before we even had kids that kids sleeping in our bed was a no deal kind of set up. I'm glad we set the ground rules even though they have been broken more times then I'd like to count. Broken not because we wanted to pull the little guy in or even that he woke up crying and we didn't want to lose sleep. We have what we like to call a sleep ninja. He sneaks into our bed and we don't find out until the morning of, or we end up with swift swipe of his ninja feet to face style goodness. We always ask the ninja why he came in and he always warms the cochleas of our heart with some sweet excuse as to why he needed to come snuggle.

Back on the point of this post. This morning was a super fantastic morning. I woke up to the sound of rain and thunder (something about rain, I love it! Fresh, clean, new beginning) my little man asleep with his arm wrapped gently around my neck. Lil sis was up and talking so I brought her in and we made a lil sis snuggle sand which. We snuggled, laughed and played. I am hard pressed to find something more fantastic then that.

Morning snuggle sessions are truly the best! Is it just me or is there something about the bed that makes kids come alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment